PREVENTATIVE DENTAL CARE
Prevention is the dental specialty of caring for your tooth and keeping it healthy. It involves preventive education, treatments, and alternative care of the teeth and gums. From daily brushing to regularly seeing your dentist, preventative dentistry can help you to avoid gum disease, tooth decay, enamel wear, and other ongoing issues. The many benefits make it a necessary resolution.
Preventative Dental Care in Redlands, CA
COMMON PREVENTATIVE PRACTICES
Every day, a wide variety of procedures are implemented! And what’s so great about this? Regular dental exams are performed for the sole purpose of preventing oral decay and other problems. Dental examinations, x-rays, and oral cancer screenings are all part of preventive procedures.
Keeping your gums free of tartar prevents periodontal disease and helps to prevent gum disease and tooth decay. These professionals will see to it that your mouth continues to feel the fresh and clean sensation it provides.
The frequency of dental visits may vary depending on individual oral health. Some people may only need to visit the dentist once or twice a year, while others may need to go more frequently. Dr. Odufalu will be able to advise you on how often you should schedule appointments.
Preventative Dentistry Self-Care Routine
Preventive dentistry is a dental care philosophy that recommends early detection and treatment of dental problems. The goal of preventive dentistry is to keep teeth and gums healthy and free from disease. To achieve this, preventive dentists typically recommend regular oral care routines, including brushing and flossing, eating a balanced diet, avoiding tobacco products, and using dental sealants and fluoride treatments.
- Teeth Brushing: It is recommended that you brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time, using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Replace tooth brush: Per the ADA, it is recommended that you replace your toothbrush every few months or sooner if your bristles are frayed. Additionally, using ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste is also recommended.
- Daily flossing: Flossing once a day is an important part of maintaining oral hygiene. Flossing removes food particles and plaque that can build up between teeth and under the gumline, which can lead to tooth decay.
- Dental visits: It’s important to see your dentist regularly so that they can monitor your oral health and spot any potential problems early.
- Eat healthy: A well-balanced diet is essential for maintaining good oral health. Be sure to get enough vitamins and minerals, and limit sugary foods and drinks. Drinking plenty of water every day is also important for maintaining good health.
Contact us online or call (909) 978-5777 today to book your free consultation in Tri-City Family Dental!
PREVENTATIVE DENTAL CARE FOR CHILDREN
Your kids’ dental well-being relies on the preventative value of regular visits and tests. By keeping up with cleanings and exams early in life, you can avoid the buildup of bacteria and take care of years of having healthy teeth.
As children get older, the assortment of issues they can experience within their mouth increases. As your general dentist sees these difficulties, he or she may refer you to an orthodontist who can cure them. Braces or other corrective tools may be recommended.
Now you understand the secret to clean, healthy teeth -preventive dentistry! The best way to ward off gum disease, cavities, and other common ailments is to watch your mouth. Oral care is just as essential as visits to a dentist. It’s important to brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and consume healthy diet. So above all, don’t forget to visit your dentist regularly. And this includes your child, too.
Call us at (909) 978-5777 today to schedule your visit. We offer free over-the-phone consultations for all new and existing patients.