POST-OP CARE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS
The post-op care for dental implants will provide a foundation for your teeth that are not affected by decay or gum disease. After a dental implant procedure, many people feel like they have new teeth. While the implants are permanent and cannot be removed, some, patients will feel a sense of relief. The dental implants will provide a foundation for your teeth that are not affected by decay or gum disease. But some people may experience problems with them over time. These problems can include pain, infection, or even loss of tooth alignment.
Post-Op Care in Redlands, CA
DENTAL IMPLANT FOLLOW-UPS
Dental implants are just like natural teeth and require careful at-home oral care and regular dental visits to preserve function and prevent peri-implant disease. After one or several implants you may experience the following:
- The swelling of your gums and face may occur.
- Surge of pain at the implant site.
- Minimal bleeding
After you’ve received your implant, it’s important to stay in close communication with your periodontist and dentist. Follow-up visits will be scheduled periodically to monitor the health of your implant, teeth, and gums.
Plan and Prepare Process of Dental Implants
The planning process for dental implants may include a number of professionals, such as one who specializes in conditions of the mouth, jaw, and face (oral and maxillofacial surgeon), a dentist who treats structures that support the teeth, such as gums and bones (periodontist), a dentist who designs and fits artificial teeth (prosthodontist).
- Comprehensive Dental Examination: Thorough dental examinations may include dental X-rays, 3D images, and models of your teeth and jaw.
- Medical History: Your doctor should inform your surgeon about any health conditions you have or medications you take, including prescription and over-the-counter ones and supplements. If you have a heart condition or orthopedic implants, your doctor may provide antibiotics as a precaution before surgery to prevent infection.
- Treatment Plan: The treatment plan we develop for you will be based on a number of factors, including how many teeth need to be replaced and the condition of your jawbone and remaining teeth.
Contact us online or call (909) 978-5777 today to book your free consultation with Implant Center in Tri-City Family Dental!
POST-OP DENTAL IMPLANTS DO’S AND DON’TS
- Do take it easy at first: After surgery, your body is healing and you may feel a little sore. It is important to take it easy at first and let your body heal.
- Do make sure to drink plenty of water and fluids during and after your surgery, as this will help flush out any debris that may have accumulated in your mouth.
- Keep the implant area clean and dry – use a sterile cloth to wipe down the area around the implant every day.
- Don’t over-eat or drink heavily while your implants are healing; these activities can cause the implants to shift or break.
- Don’t overdo it with the physical activities.
Call us at (909) 978-5777 today to schedule your visit. We offer free over-the-phone consultations for all new and existing patients.
Contact Our Redlands Dental Office!!
We invite you to visit our Redlands dental clinic. Our skilled professionals provide high-quality care and services. We are excited to meet you and help with all of your dental needs!