Dr. Odufalu may recommend dental restorations in Redlands if you have teeth that are crooked, worn, discolored, damaged, or unhealthy. This can restore the natural function of your teeth and prevent additional damage from decay and the look of your teeth, which is always beneficial. There are several different types of tooth restoration you may wish to consider, such as veneers, bridges, implants, or crowns.
Dental Restoration in Redlands, CA
DENTAL RESTORATION PLANNING
When making a decision about your restorative dentistry options, you’ll need to consider your overall health and your budget. Dr. Odufalu will try to preserve your natural teeth if possible. There are different options for preserving the tooth depending on how much of the tooth needs to be restored including dental composite fillings, inlays, onlays, and crowns.
OPTIONS FOR DENTAL RESTORATION
Nowadays, there are many options available for dental restoration, so you can repair, replace or restore your teeth to their original condition. Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Odufalu will carry out a variety of different types of dental restoration. This way, you can have a healthy and beautiful smile again.
- Dental Filling: Tooth decay can cause cavities, which can be filled in with a professional filling. This is the most common type of tooth restoration and can be done at your local dentist’s office. The process usually involves cleaning out the decay and then filling in the empty space with a chosen material. There are several different types of materials that can be used for fillings, so be sure to ask your dentist about which would be best for you.
- Dental Inlay: An inlay is a type of dental restoration that is used when the cavity is too large for a simple filling. The inlay is fabricated as a single, solid piece to fit the specific shape and size of the cavity. The inlay is then cemented in place.
- Dental Onlay: An onlay is a type of dental restoration that is more extensive than an inlay, but not as extensive as a crown. This restoration is characterized by the fact that it covers a cusp of the tooth and is fabricated as a single, solid piece.
- Dentures: Dentures are artificial teeth that look natural enough to be used to replace missing teeth while being removable. Dentures look just like natural teeth and their surrounding gums. If you have lost all your teeth due to injury, tooth decay or gum disease, you may be fitted with a full set of dentures.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are a thin, custom-made shells that are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are considered a cosmetic procedure used to improve the appearance of damaged or misshapen teeth. Veneers can also make small or short teeth look longer and more even.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are a type of cap that is placed over an entire tooth in order to protect it. Crowns are typically placed by a dentist or a dental specialist known as a prosthodontist. If you need a crown, Dr. Odufalu may be able to make it in her office.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a small post made of titanium that is inserted into the jawbone to support a tooth replacement, such as a crown, bridge, or denture. dental implants have a natural appearance and feel while improving your ability to bite and speak. The processes of making dental implants requires multiple procedures prior to completion.
Contact us online or call (909) 978-5777 today to book your free consultation in Tri-City Family Dental!
DENTAL RESTORATIVE INSURANCE
There are several types of tooth restoration procedures that can be done for either cosmetic or health reasons, depending on your dental needs. Consider all options before deciding which type of procedure is right for you. Tooth restoration can improve the appearance of your smile and restore each tooth’s natural function.
Dental health insurance plans can vary in what they cover. Always check with your provider to see how much they would be willing to pay for the procedure you have in mind. In some cases, one type of dental restoration may be covered while another is not. Dr.Odufalu can help guide you in deciding which procedure is best for you.
Dental implants are not typically covered by dental insurance plans. However, they may be covered by your medical insurance depending on the reason for your tooth loss and whether you have other related medical conditions.
Talk to Tri-City Family Dental to determine the best strategy to prevent cavities and tooth decay.
Call us at (909) 798-5777 today to schedule your visit. We offer free over-the-phone consultations for all new and existing patients.
Contact Our Redlands Dental Office!!
We invite you to visit our Redlands dental clinic. Our skilled professionals provide high-quality care and services. We are excited to meet you and help with all of your dental needs!